WRATH - LINEAGE 2 - LILITH PL Forum Index
[ FAQ ]   [ Search ]   [ Memberlist ]   [ Usergroups ] [ Register   [ Log in ]   [ Album ]

Previous topic «» Next topic
the personal attachment you feel for your soldiers
ginalee0430
Orc Fighter

Char-name:: ginalee0430

Adeny: 55
Posted: Tue 05 May, 2015   the personal attachment you feel for your soldiers

Final Fantasy XIV game makes my viewing experience immeasurably better; on another level, I realise that for a Final Fantasy XIV game to captivate a swathe of humanity like StarCraft did for a decade and a bit, it has to be special. Dan: The quintessential edge-of-your-seat, fast-paced RTS. Mastering command of each of StarCraft's three wildly diverse, yet intricately balanced races is a challenge that few will ever achieve, but it's sure fun to try. 85. Sins of A Solar Empire Release Date: 2008 Last year: New entry Dan: Bombarding a planet from orbit, killing all its inhabitants and recolonizing it with your own people is a pretty good sin, I'd say. Rich: Sometimes, when I was colonising space and sending vast capital ships to do ponderous combat against an agonisingly beautiful backdrop, I'd read the title of the Final Fantasy XIV game as “Bins of a Solar Empire” and laugh for ages. Tom: Good one Rich. 84. Silent Hunter 3 Release Date: 2005 Last year: New entry Andy: The sub sim genre really needed this one. After the disappointment of SH2, Ubisoft brought in an entirely new Romanian team to redefine the WWII submariner experience and boy did they nail it. I experienced real fear the first time I crash-dove my U-boat to escape the depth charges of a relentless British destroyer and that terror didn't diminish one iota in the ensuing 40-minute cat-and-mouse struggle. Even Das Boot The Director's Cut didn't move me like this. Tim S: The secret of SH3's sublimity is right there in the title. Unlike 98% of combat Final Fantasy XIV games, this one doesn't serve-up prey on silver platters. You must *hunt* for those rusty toilers of the sea, and the long hours of zigzagging and hopeful horizon-scanning ensure engagements, when they come, are sweatier than a stoker's y-fronts. Thank God Ubisoft postponed the release in order to implement freelance-friendly campaigns. 83. The Curse of Monkey Island Release Date: 1997 Last year: New entry Josh: Technology finally caught up to the genius emerging ffxi4u from the Monkey Island franchise, allowing the devs and artists to craft a perfectly-fitting cartoon world brought to life by voice actors and fueled with the same off-the-wall humor and irreverent plot lines. And who can forget Murray, the demonic talking skull? 82. MechCommander Release Date: 1998 Last year: 66 Evan: Match all this stuff together: the personal attachment you feel for your soldiers in X-COM; MechWarrior's intense robot customization; Diablo's easy loot; an RTS' pace. MechCommander isn't simply a tactical take on MechWarrior--it's an incredible single-Final Fantasy XIV player process of salvaging robot parts and amassing a team of deathbots and skilled pilots, and it Final Fantasy XIV plays truer to the board Final Fantasy XIV game roots of the franchise than FASA's first-person version. 81. Kings Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow Release Date: 1992 Last year: New entry Josh: Shipwrecked on a beach; a nightingale singing in a tree; battling a minotaur in the labyrinth.

Reply to topic