WRATH - LINEAGE 2 - LILITH PL Forum Index
[ FAQ ]   [ Search ]   [ Memberlist ]   [ Usergroups ] [ Register   [ Log in ]   [ Album ]

Previous topic «» Next topic
Soften the room's look with an area rug
tangtang520 
Marsh Stakato

Char-name:: tangtang

Adeny: 185
Posted: Mon 20 Apr, 2015   Soften the room's look with an area rug

Most boys love sports Penguins Sidney Crosby Jersey , most probably your son too. So why not let him enjoy his favorite sport even in his dreams by giving him a sports themed bedroom. It's easy to do this by following the tips below.

Ask him his ultra favorite sport in the world and make it his room's design theme.

For his walls, you have a variety of colors to choose from as you are not restricted to one color of paint. If he likes Arsenal, be sure to have red as your main color theme in the room. You may opt for wallpaper, instead, which has images of his favorite sports team. If you do paint the walls, you may still add borders or stencil images such as a sports scene, goal score, team logo or different balls. You may also have these images in the form of peel and stick decals as well as wallpaper murals. If there isn't a particular team color to chose from, blue is always a good option for a boy's sports themed room.

There are beddings sold as sports memorabilia like a New York Knicks or Boston Red Sox bedsheet. If you can't find one of his favorite team, just buy the beddings with his team's color or a generic sports-designed fabric.

Soften the room's look with an area rug. Some souvenir stores sell area rugs as part of the team's memorabilia, so you can always check this out. Similar to the beddings, if there's none, you can always use the team's color or have a generic sports-designed area rug.
Questions about his ability to adjust to a more traditional pro game and work under center. Questions about his character. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego and carries a sense of entitlement. Not a leader by example.

All of those descriptors were things said and written about Auburn quarterback Cam Newton prior to the 2011 NFL draft in which the Carolina Panthers made him the top pick.

Manziel Newton These are also the same things being said about Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel heading into the 2014 draft.

Newton has proven most of his naysayers wrong, going to the Pro Bowl in two of his first three seasons and leading the Panthers to a 12-4 record and NFC South title this past season.

Stay tuned on Manziel.

Manziel also has to overcome something else Newton did -- the recent stigma that Heisman Trophy quarterbacks don't translate into successful NFL quarterbacks.

There have been 15 Heisman quarterbacks over the past 25 years. They have compiled a record of 159-203 (.439) during that span, according to ESPN Stats & Information. None has started in the Super Bowl and there have been only five Pro Bowl appearances among the three -- Newton (2010 Heisman) 2, Carson Palmer (2002) 2 and Robert Griffin III (2011) 1.

The average length of their careers is 3.8 years. Palmer is the only Heisman quarterback during this span to play 10 years. Seven have played three or less, although Newton and Griffin are on pace to surpass that.

The Panthers understand. They selected 2000 Heisman winner Chris Weinke in the fourth round of the 2001 draft. The former Florida State quarterback went 1-14 as a rookie starter and 2-18 as a starter during his NFL career.

Maybe Newton's success is why Manziel, the 2012 Heisman winner Penguins Marc-Andre Fleury Jersey , consulted him several times during the NFL offseason and a few times prior to that.

"Being another Heisman Trophy winner I got a chance to really reach out to him probably in the spring, this summer, sometime through there," Manziel told reporters at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. "I probably had a two-hour conversation just getting to talk about everything, just about the people he has around him, what has made him so successful.

"Very fun-loving, fun-natured guy. I'm really thankful to be able to pick up the phone and call him if I ever did need anything."

2014 NFL DRAFT
Round 1: May 8, 8 p.m. ET
Rds. 2-3: May 9, 7 p.m. ET
Rds. 4-7: May 10, noon ET
Radio City Music Hall
New York City

NFL draft home page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Kiper-McShay: Three-round mock
• Todd McShay's Mock 6.0
• Mel Kiper Jr.'s Mock 5.0
• Mel Kiper Jr.'s Mock Draft Tool
• Gruden's QB Camp schedule
• Draft Machine: Create your own mock
• NFL draft player rankings
• Rank 'Em: Rate the top prospects

Manziel has his critics, and Newton certainly had his prior to the draft. ESPN columnist Gene Wojciechowski wrote this after the Panthers picked Newton:

"If you can take a flier with the No. 1 selection, the Panthers just did it. Gush all you want about Newton's athletic measurables (jaw-dropping) and his college football body of work (two national titles, a Heisman Trophy), but I wouldn't have touched him at No. 1 with a goalpost.

"Newton is a walking red flag. I question his ability to make the transition from Auburn's 'Please-Cam-Make-Something-Happen' spread offense to a sophisticated pro playbook. I question his past. I question his future.

"Newton has a history of proving skeptics wrong and his trophy case right. But the Panthers overreached Thursday night. They just don't know it yet."

Manziel will face similar criticisms if selected in the first round, particularly if Houston takes a flier on him with the No. 1 pick. He can only hope to overcome them as quickly as Newton has.

Reply to topic